Hookaroon from Dixie Industries
Dixie Hookaroon featuring a wooden handle and drop-forged-steel head is a daily essential tool for the people who stack, cut or move wood, such as carpenters, mill-workers and loggers. Ergonomically designed for specific tasks within a high production mill environment, our Hookaroon excels when lightweight & durability are required.
By picking the right length of Hookaroon, your back can be saved from bending over to pick up the firewood. We stock 2 lengths for logging professionals.
- Weight: 16oz, standard hume
- Structure: Drop forged steel with ground points
- Finish: Black Painted
- Fixing: Heads are secured to handle by a spring steel 1/4" x 1-1/4' roll pin
- Replacement head: Available
- Material: Solid Hickory handles, shaped to provide maximum usability.
- Finish: Supplied a clear lacquer finish
- Replacement handle: Available
Length: 18" and 36"
The 36" handle is available in standard hickory or safety orange for increased visibility.
Product Weight: 2.2 lbs for 18'' and 2.7 lbs for 36''
With a spiked head stuck with the wood, wood can be easily picked or held to other places. Hookaroon is a highly versatile logging tool with multiple uses:
- Loading or unloading wood rounds onto a spitter, truck or trailer
- Dragging small branches or logs
- Loading or unloading splits onto a truck
- Stacking wood rounds
Choose the right length of Hookaroon Handle
Choosing the right handle length depends on 2 main factors :
- Your height and/or arm length:
Many logging professionals who are more than 6 feet tall prefer to have 36'' Hookaroon to avoid back strain. You may have to twist, bend, or hunch to use your tool if you have the incorrect Hookaroon handle length.
- The purpose of your job:
The long one can allow you to reach far for handling logs. If you use it to unload a truck, a long handle can probably save your back without having to climb in the truck bed.